Praising God in southern Bolivia
- September 2021 e-letter, featuring the Evangelical Methodist Church of Argentina:
- October 2021 e-letter, featuring The Methodist Church of the Americas and the Caribbean (MCCA):
- November 2021 e-letter: Thanksgiving Greetings
- December and A Look Back at 2021: Christmas Greetings
- February 2022, featuring the Methodist Church of Uruguay
- April 2022, featuring The Methodist Church of Mexico:
- Easter 2022
- Pentecost 2022, featuring the Evangelical United Methodist Church of Ecuador
- September 2022 e-letter, featuring the Evangelical Methodist Church in Bolivia.
- Thanksgiving 2022 e-letter
- Christmas 2022 e-letter
- Lenten 2023 e-letter, featuring the Methodist Church of Chile
- Spring/Pentecost 2023 e-letter, featuring The United Methodist Mission in Honduras
For a complete summary of 2021 and 2022 grants distributed by Global Ministries from the Permanent Fund of Encounter With Christ in Latin America and the Caribbean, click here.
For a complete list of projects funded by Encounter with Christ’s Permanent Fund and distributed by Global Ministries from 2005-2020, click here.
One Hundred Years of Bolivian Methodism
In a ceremony to celebrate 100 years of Methodism in Bolivia in 2006, Bishop Carlos Poma, episcopal leader of the Evangelical Methodist Church in Bolivia, preached a powerful message reminding those gathered “of the cost of discipleship for many of the early church leaders. He recalled the great ‘cloud of witnesses’ that included pastors and lay people who were ‘victims of mob violence, threatened by death, tortured, imprisoned, beaten, forced in ignominy to ride backward on a donkey while being mocked, and silenced with irons in their mouths.'” For the complete archived article on the centennial celebration, written by Wilson Boots, click the photo above.